Urban TV is committed to safeguarding the privacy of its online content users and visitors. This policy explains use of any personal data provided by or collected from users or visitors.
Information we collect
In operating the website Urban may collect and process the following data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this websites including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, details of visit such as time, length, number of pages, resources accessed
- Information provided in the course of filling in forms on our the websites or information provided in the course of registering,
- Personal data or information provided while visiting the websites and
- Information provided for the purpose of subscribing to the websites services such as newsletters, email notifications including email addresses but not limited to, traffic data, location data, the weblogs and other communication data.
Use of Information
Urban collects and stores user information primarily to enable provision of quality service. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested, relating to our products or services and on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, uch as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
Urban may contact existing customers with information about goods and services. Further, Urban may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about unrelated goods or services considered to be of interest to you. Contact may be made through the methods consented to at the point of data collection.
Urban will only contact or allow third parties to contact new customers, with their consent and only by means consented to.
Urban may disclose, use, preserve or allow access to your information as is reasonably necessary to,
- To the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request
- Enforce applicable Terms of service including investigating possible violations
- To detect, establish, prevent or address fraud, security or other illegal concerns
- To prospective purchaser of any business asset which we are selling or contemplating selling such as but not limited within mergers and acquisitions.
Personal data submitted on this website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on other parts of the website as displayed.
All reasonable steps shall be taken to ensure protection and security of your data however by submitting your personal data, you agree to use, transfer, storage and process of the same. This includes use of personal information provided when submitting for publication on the website which may be published on the internet and may be available via internet around the world
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Supply you services via the website
- Send statements and invoices to and collect payments from you
- Send you general (non marketing) commercial communications
- Send you email notifications specifically requested
- Send you newsletters and other marketing communications relating to our businesses or relating to third party businesses we consider to be relevant and which may be of interest to you provided you have consented to this. You may inform us if you are no longer interested in the communications
- Provide or process on behalf of third parties such as our advertisers information about our users however users will not be individually identified
- Deal with any enquiries and complaints made by or about you
With your express permission your information may be used for publication or for such other purposes as you consent to.
An opt out option will be provided where it is proposed to use your personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy or other notice.
International data transfer
Information collected may be stored, processed in and transferred between countries in which we operate and personal information may be processed on or from a server outside your country for use in accordance with this policy and the relevant laws.
Accepting the terms of this policy is express agreement to this transfer, use, collection and storage of personal information
Third Party Links
It is the duty of the user to check Third party privacy policies.
Cookies uniquely identify your browser and may be downloaded when you click on the third party website. These are may be used for research, service delivery improvement or for other reasons. Urban does not control third party websites nor the cookies placed thereon therefore it is the duty of users to check for cookie use on visited websites.
Third parties have no access to contact information stored on Urban website unless the user chooses to share it with them
Urban takes appropriate precautions to protect our users’ information
All reasonable technical and organizational precautions will be taken to avoid loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Data transmission via the internet is inherently insecure as such Urban makes no guarantee of the security of data sent over the internet and transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk.
You are responsible for safeguarding your user details and password confidential whether personally provided or availed by the company
Because email and instant messaging are not recognized as secure communications, users should refrain from sending private information to Urban by email or instant messaging services. In event of non compliance Urban is not liable for any consequences, losses, damages suffered and stands indemnified against any such claims by agreement to the terms and conditions of this policy.
Access to information
Urban takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information processed is accurate, complete and current however we depend on the user to update and correct information provided whenever necessary.
You may access, correct or request deletion of your personal data which will be complied with if not otherwise required legally or for legitimate business purposes provided the user must identify themselves and state the information to be accessed, corrected or deleted prior to our compliance.
Unreasonable, repetitive requests may be rejected where the technical resources are unavailable, where the privacy of others if jeopardized, where impractical or unnecessary.
Urban will render this service free of charge until otherwise decided and communicated to users.
Individuals who wish to deactivate their account may do so from the link provided to de-activate page however the information as appeared before deletion, correction or update may persist for a reasonable period of time.
Users who wish to update, change or correct the personal information provided should notify Urban through the contact email address below.
Urban assumes no liability for damages or loss of any kind that might arise from the use of, misuse of, or the inability to use the information or services contained on the web site.
Urban excludes all liability for any loss or damage suffered direct, indirect, foreseen or incidental from or in connection with the use of this website.
Urban also assumes no liability for improper or incorrect use of materials or information contained on its web site. All materials that appear on the web site are provided “as is,” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, and subject to the terms and conditions stated in this disclaimer.
Urban bears no liability for the information or omissions in information on this website and makes no warranties as to the content, accuracy, completeness of information nor that the information can be relied upon or is up to date.
Urban makes no warranties that the website service will be uninterrupted nor that it is error or defect free.
Urban to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law excludes all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (inclusive of any warranties implied by law on merchantability, quality or fitness for purpose of the information available).
Information provided on this website should not be used as a substitute for any professional advice.
Any links to other websites are not an endorsement of the contents, products, services, information or opinion of that website and/or of its ownership.
This disclaimer may be amended from time-to-time effective with the amendments from the date of posting on this website. Regular visits to the disclaimer are advised in any event however the current version shall be binding on all users and visitors.
This disclaimer will be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of Uganda and any disputes relating to this disclaimer will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Law in Uganda.
Users and visitors to this website from outside Uganda are on notice of their responsibility to comply with local laws to the full extent required.
All trademarks, service marks and copyrightable work on this site are protected by Intellectual Property Law and are the property of Urban. Users shall only access and download materials on this website for non-commercial use
Terms & Conditions Website policy
MODERATION OF COMMENTS
The statements, comments, or opinions expressed through the use of Urban Online are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for them, and do not necessarily represent the views held by the staff and management of Urban Online.
Urban Online reserves the right to moderate, publish or delete a post without warning or consultation with the author. For any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Why we moderate your comments
The relevance of the comments to the discussion on the page.
Respect for other users on the platform
The length of the comment should be short and engages directly with the discussion.
Does the comment contain profanity, less regard for certain races, religious affiliations or intolerant to other people’s views?
If your comments have these and more that will not conform to these rules then we may have to moderate it and at extreme cases not post it all together.
Why should your comments be short
The sanity of a debate is in the length of the comments, in day to day discussions we do not give lectures, it is for this very reason that we need to keep these conversations also short.
We have stopped short of setting a word limit, but the box where you write the comment isn’t a bad guideline.
The reason we don’t set a limit is that sometimes, such as with personal stories relevant to a debate, you may need to write more.